Friday, June 24, 2011

results of CTPA and MRI

the results are good!! while the tumor is definitely not in a good spot, it's not as bad as we all had been thinking. the CTPA showed that rather than running in and around my arteries and veins its more just pushed right up against them. as for my MRI there is no significant change. basically that means small change but not enough to really document. it's up to my neurologist and neurosurgeon to look at the actual films to see how much change was made.

I can tell a difference though. things in the last couple weeks have been getting a little more difficult. for one it's starting to get harder to write. the tumor affects the right side of my body and I use my right hand to write. it's hard to hold a pen and press it to paper. I am starting to do things even slower on my right side and whenever I move my neck my feet get that buzzing feeling. I also noticed that driving more than 10mi is really hard on me so I have stopped driving anywhere far (which is good I suppose with gas prices lol). I start to get really tired and then my arms start to go numb and feel not attached to my body. it's super weird.


so that's the update for today. the closer boston gets the more nervous I am becoming so you may hear more from me.

xoxo
kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment