Saturday, June 18, 2011

F*#K YOU TARGET PHARMACY

ah Thursday afternoon I was so angry I could have spit bullets. if someone has ever taken any kind of medication you know that it is your responsibility to stay on top of refills, so for this I do take part of the blame. I didn't realize I was almost out and wouldn't have enough for my mail order pharmacy to refill my topamax and get it to me by friday morning, so I had my doctor call me in a 2 week supply to target. looooooong story short, there was an issue on targets end where they couldn't print a label. without a label they can't legally dispense medication.

normally when a patient is on medication where a dose can not be missed (like topamax because it will cause seizures especially the dose I am on) pharmacies will give you 3 or 4 days worth until things get sorted out. nope not this lady! she was refusing to help at all (though she said she was doing everything she could...sorry sitting there saying that means jack shit to me lady).

I mean I guess she tried doing all she could do, she did try calling her help desk ONE TIME at 9 am and I went to pick up my meds at 4 PM. nothing was done since then. Then of course my husband tries calling and she gives him the same spcheal but keeps saying it was our insurance that was the problem. He asks to speak to the help desk but only employees can so my husband wants the pharmacy's district office (but of course they don't have that either). So then my husband tells her that we will be in to talk to the manager tomorrow -who we know because we go in to that pharmacy at least 2x a week.

I also told that pharmacist last night that I will no longer have any prescriptions filled at that target. and she acted like no big deal. she must not have realized that we do give them A LOT of business. come on, a cancer patient who gets 10 medications a month with a son who has eczema and reflux? too bad she was such a bitch.


thanks to my wonderful love, alex for taking care of it for me. and cvs for filling my prescription. Happy ending, yay!

xoxo
kayla

2 comments:

  1. I am stalking your blog but I am a pharmacist so I had to read this. I am SO sorry that she was so rude to you, and NO, she wasn't doing all that she could. She could have physically written you out a RX label by hand and given you enough meds for one day. I am glad that CVS took care of you. I am a CVS pharmacist myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! CVS is my new "hero" pharmacy. I actually canceled all my prescriptions through target (and between my son and I we get at least 1 or 2 a week). So it's not like the pharmacist didn't see that this wasn't someone just trying to get pills randomly.

    I <3 CVS!!

    ReplyDelete