Sunday, July 3, 2011

gasp. and a gash!

anyone who lives in central arizona knows that we do not get much weather action, so we wait all year for what's called "monsoon season". IT has finally arrived! now with monsoon season comes a lot of pain. all the humidity and pressure causes a lot more pain in my neck, bones and muscles so while it's nice to have rain and some activity besides just heat it's also hard.

yesterday I posted on facebook that it was 120 degrees when I left costco GASP!! the monsoon hit and when I got home (only a 7mi drive) it was 82 and pouring. I could feel the release of pressure from the atmosphere which was really nice on my neck, but then I felt it start back up again this morning. we usually will get hit with a monsoon heatwave and humidity plus pressure for about 4-5 days and then it will break and come back. this will happen until september.

so my husband hasn't been feeling well and decided that he would go to urgent care (he has strep throat) and my mother in law was going to come and get the kids for us since all the monsoony weather is kicking my ass -oh and plus with my great balance (or lack there of) I fell this morning and jarred myself pretty bad. we were getting things ready for the kids to go, our son was in our room on the bed. he was supposed to be sitting and watching dino dan when I hear him fall and start crying.

BIG OL GASH on his forehead. my poor baby! off to the hospital I go with him. for 4 hours we sat there. I wheeled him around in a wagon (which he loved and I would have never been able to make it through without the wagon). Thane did amazing, he is a very strong little boy and now has 3 stitches that will accompany him to his 2nd birthday!

the monsoon is starting to roll in now, time to go!

xoxo
kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment